Saturday, April 29, 2017

Shooting with Kids

When shooting with kids the discussion we had previously about taking lots of pictures is important. Kids can be very active and if you are not taking pictures it is really easy to miss something. With most of the newer DSLR cameras they have a rapid shutter release setting that can be nice if something involving action such as swing or some sort of sporty type of activity or tackling each other. At this point for most people shooting in an auto mode is probably going to be the easiest but as time goes on you will hopefully begin to understand the manual settings and begin to be able to use them. For me I am shooting this in a manual setting and under each picture I will put the camera settings that I used when taking them. If you are shooting with kids one thing that you need to use if they are on the move is a faster shutter speed if you want to catch the action and not get blur where the kid was. A setting that my wife's camera, Canon Power Shot which is a basic camera, has a kids and pet setting that has an automatic faster shutter speed then the auto setting. So if you are using a more basic point and shoot style camera, explore your setting, as these have may have more preset settings, you will find it helpful. So if you have kids, take them out and experiment with your camera. Keep in mind not to post or photograph other peoples kids with out permission. Have fun and don't hesitate to experiment.

These are an example of some photos with rapid shutter release
My daughter jumping from a swing "Flying". Yes this scares me a little
My other daughter going down a slide

These I'm including the Meta Data, Data included about the camera settings so you can see what the settings are that I am using for the pictures that I take.
 F6.3 Shutter 1/640  ISO 100 Focal length 18mm  
Lens I used on my camera was EF18-55mm
F6.3 Shutter 1/400 ISO100 Focal Length 37mm
Lens I used on my camera was EF18-55mm

I will get into what that means more soon, but this can be seen as an intro to what we can call photo language looks like. And when I went out to reference to my past post about take lots of pictures. today I took about 200 pictures and have about 20 that I really like. So remember take lots of pictures and have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment