Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Buying a Camera

When you are looking to buy a camera it is important to decide what you are looking for. For some people they may be as simple as brand loyalty but for others they may not be so sure. They may know that they want a DSLR, or not even know what a DSLR is. So lets start with what it is. It is basically a digital version of the old 35mm film cameras with the interchangeable lens. What do the letters stand for, Digital single-lens reflex. The benefit to this camera is that it uses a mirror to show the image to the view finder allowing the shooter to see the image and then moves the mirror allowing the same image to go directly to the photo sensor to be recorded. The main difference that you will see in the DSLR cameras is the MP or Megapixels size. These are most important depending on how big you are planning to enlarge your image or how small you are planning to crop. The Image is made up of pixels so the more there are the clear the image when enlarged or cropped.
       Another thing to look at is adaptability of lenses. I found that with Canon vs Nikon, you can mount a Nikon lens to a Canon DSLR but you can not mount a Canon lens to a Nikon DSLR. This means that with Canon you would have a lot more lens options to start with. I personally have always been a Canon person so I admit I am biased and have not tried Nikon.       When you are ready to go out and by a camera it is always important to do your own research and decide what is best for you. I cant tell you much about the Nikon other then some people do love them including the professional photographers, and from what I’ve seen slightly more expensive. Again if you are in or near Bozeman, I would recommend Bozeman Camera and Repair Inc. They are very friendly and knowledgeable and have always taken the time to answer questions and make sure I get what I want. No I don’t work for them, I just buy my equipment there, and no I don’t get discounts.            So go out there, do some of your own own research based on what you plan to day and get a camera that you will enjoy for years to come and shoot some great photos. Next time we will take a break and I will show you some of the pictures that I have taken. So have fun and see you next time.






No comments:

Post a Comment