Thursday, April 27, 2017

Dont be afraid to take pictures

Today we are going to go in a fun direction and look at a some pictures that I have taken on a couple of past trips to Yellowstone National Park. When I go to the park I am very thankful that I am in a time that photos are shot digitally and not on film because I could not afford to develop everything. I will take several hundred photos on a trip and only have maybe a small handful of really good photos. Don't be discouraged when this happens because this is not uncommon and is why you should take lots of photos no matter what you are photographing even if it is family or kids, you may take 40 pictures, but there may be only 1 or 2 that you really like that you may not have gotten if you only took 1 or 2. This is something used by pros in photography and video production. I have worked in commercial production and for a 30sec commercial on TV, I would have 30 min of video to go through to have the right scene or right audio clip, and some days even more. So don't be afraid to take those pictures when you go out there. Remember that it is free to download the pictures to your computer and you don't have to keep them all.


 Turquoise Spring Yellowstone National Park

 Beehive Geyser

Sunrise over Yellowstone Lake

No comments:

Post a Comment