Monday, June 12, 2017

Yellowstone Wildlife

One of the many great things about Yellowstone National Park is the wildlife that lives in it. When you have an opportunity to visit you are guaranteed to see some wildlife though maybe not all you may want to see. Elk and bison are some of the most common animals living in the park. There are also wolves, which I had a chance to see, but I had to use my spotting scope to view them, and I do not have a lens in my bag big enough to shoot that distance due to cost. There are also bears, but again you have to either have to know where they hang out and go look for them or be at the right place at the right time. On my visit I was lucky enough to see to sets of bears, a black bear, and a grizzly bear both with cubs. I will put there pictures in the next blog. In this blog I am putting up some of the pictures of elk and bison that I took as well as an antelope. The other fun thing about this time of year is that there are all the baby animals. This trip there was baby bison and baby bears.

As a reminder if you have an opportunity to get out to photograph wildlife be sure to stay a safe distance. A mother protecting its baby can be dangerous and unpredictable. So grab your camera go out and take some great pictures and be safe while doing it.

Stay tuned for bears in a couple days.











No comments:

Post a Comment